Tokyo Milk No.83 Bittersweet

Cake Flour, Dark Cacao Bean, Osmanthus, Bronzed Musk.

No.83 by Tokyo Milk is yet another quirky, but likable fragrance. The "commonality" I mentioned in previous reviews regarding this series is evident once again. However, they've managed to put just enough of a twist in all of them ( so far ) to give them personalities all their own.

No.83 is the most "foody" of the four I've tested. This is because the cocoa is very dominant on my skin throughout the life of the wearings and the longevity is surprisingly good.

What I don't experience is a bittersweet quality in No.83. The dusty cocoa is on the dry side and slightly bitter. Nothing ever comes to fruition to add a legitimate sweet aspect to the accords, but the absence of it doesn't take anything away from this scent. It's still full, rich and long lasting. It simply leans more "bitter" than anything else.

In sampling the "darks" of Tokyo Milk, they all have validity, but I couldn't see myself purchasing the entire series simply for the sake of redundancy. You can smell that they are related. You simply have to sample them and then choose the one that moves you most. I like them all ( including this one ), but my favorite so far is Bulletproof. That said however, No.83 should no doubt satisfy cocoa lovers who enjoy it served up dark and a bit dusty. I also find this creation to be the most linear of the group I have tried and what I smell the first few minutes is basically the entire ride.

Siilage is acceptable, but the longevity is well above average on me. I can detect this clearly the next morning. Thumbs up from Aromi for No.83 and as always, a sample wear is definitely recommended.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner