Le Jardin by Max Factor

Green Notes, Fruit Notes, Mint, Tarragon, Bergamot.
Cyclamen, Magnolia, Tuberose, Orris Root, Jasmine, Ylang-Ylang, Rose, Muguet.
Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Civet, Oakmoss, Cedar.

I recently picked up a 55ml. spray of this at a local discount store. Naturally, I spritzed it to make sure it  hadn't turned before shelling out the enormous sum of $.50.

My initial reaction wasn't to recoil or to swoon. The Garden it advertises may give one the suggestion of florals, but it's a generic attempt at best. To be fair, Le Jardin is actually pretty good as far as budget scents go.

The opening is what I deem as the deal breaker for those who don't care for this fragrance. Aldehyde isn't listed, but I'm guessing that Aldehyde Cyclamen was used here. Some have tagged it as a  "hairspray" accord and I can understand that. I get an effervescent mish mash of green and citrus. It's more fizzy than shimmering and I usually relegate certain Lutens as possessing the "hairspray" aura. Le Jardin doesn't give me that impression.

Once the first few minutes dissipates, Le Jardin settles into a rather nice spicy rose accented with green stem. There's earth tones here as well, but the theme of Le Jardin is surely floral.

Some reviewers have complained about the use of civet here and how imbalanced it is. I agree that it's imbalanced, but not because it's strong. I don't realize it at all and would have enjoyed it being more pronounced. As Le Jardin meanders its way into base and drydown, the florals remain, but make room for a slightly resinous wood and moss.

Sillage is good and longevity is approximately 5 hours plus on my skin. A Positive-Neutral rating from Aromi for Max Factor's Le Jardin. Naturally, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited