Aoud Lime by Montale

Oud, Rose, Orris, Saffron, Sandalwood, Patchouli.

I'm trying very hard not to be ( or sound ) ho-hum about my wearings of Aoud Lime. Just how many variations of a dominant note can one do and still keep the releases interesting, cutting edge and viable? I almost feel like the mystery man behind this house is not going to stop tweaking the same theme until there is enough customer disinterest to prove a broader palette is sorely needed. If there was a petition for it, I'd surely sign it.

Naturally, I've found Aoud Lime to be more of the same, tired song with the exception of how the Orris is tuned in this scent. It's retro smelling to me and I'm making an educated guess that Origanum was implemented to achieve that slightly burnt, tar-herbaceous accord that rears its head during the base and drydown.

Lime, you say? I can't find any, but perhaps the nose behind this release will disagree. I don't experience citrus in any fashion, but I can't say I'm disappointed. The Orris is enough contrast for me and it is an interesting element in the scheme of Aoud Lime.

The totality of this fragrance is acceptable. I'm simply growing tired of how this house continues to cram Agarwood down the throats of consumers. I'm a chef and reasonably creative, but there's only so many ways I can serve eggs. In the end, they're still eggs, regardless of the garnish I throw on the plate.

Sillage is good and longevity is approximately 6 hours or a little more on my skin. I cannot muster anything better than a neutral rating for this Montale. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.


Comments

  1. This has to be the worst Montale ever and one of the worst fragrances ever. No lime at all, pure nose singing assault. Interestingly enough though when I smelled its drydown blind on two other people it was not such a painful experience.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited