Lightscape by Ulrich Lang

Galbanum, Lemon, Violet Leaves, Iris, Rose, Violet Flower, Cyclamen, Cedarwood, Ambergris, Tonka Bean, Cashmere Wood, Musk, Ambrette Seeds.

So, you have problems with the violet note do you? Well, it's a tricky one for me as well, but Lightscape implements a refined approach, sans anything strident. There's a refreshing quality at work here and I must say I like it.

Wearing Lightscape gives me the impression of summertime. Violet can sometimes be a bit shrill on me and I don't enjoy donning piercing fragrances. I do have a few violet scents that work for me and I must add Lightscape to the list. The rendition here performs almost like a mist that radiates outward while it's center incorporates other subtleties. It gives me the illusion of having a wispy demeanor, yet it's very encompassing.

The green is ethereal and it works much better than if it was a heavy rendition. Rose, in my opinion, is the most successful accent in this interesting brew. It's lucid, semi-sweet  and dusty, providing the perfect compliment to the slightly bitter green and violet. It remains an active participant, along with the violet and green, until they all pass the baton well into the base accord and beyond.

The extended drydown reveals a gentle powder that is sweet, as well as musk. Both are subtle and both are extremely enjoyable. Sillage is moderate, but very acceptable and longevity is approximately 5 hours on me. Thumbs up from Aromi for Ulrich Lang's Lightscape. As always, a sample wear is recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited