Eau du Fier by Annick Goutal


Petrolheads Rejoice!!


Not having had any exposure to the Annick Goutal range of fragrances I was pleased to find this one included in an envelope of mystery samples :). I had absolutely no idea what to expect so I went into this test totally blind ... and was utterly flabbergasted!

Now when I say 'flabbergasted' I don't necessarily mean it in a positive way, but neither is this fragrance a negative for me. It's just completely surprising and catches one totally off guard. Eau du Fier (or Proud Water) is über masculine ... very much in the same way that the really hot guy who services your car is masculine ... all grease stained and muscle armed ... with piercing blue eyes gazing quirkily at you while explaining the problems with your manifold! But I digress ...

An almost overwhelming note of petrol dominates this Goutal offering. Now for some, this can be a complete winner. Indeed, I am one of those who sticks my head out of the window at the gas station to catch a whiff or three of petrol fumes ... but as something to perfume my body with? That would be about as silly as The Rock wearing a Tutu to the Oscars :) ... there is not enough testosterone flowing around in me to pull this one off! I'd love to smell this on the aforementioned blue-eyed mechanic tho' ... especially all spruced up and waiting on my doorstep to take me to dinner. There is also a delicious saltiness to the dry down ... clean sweat on clean skin? *Shudder*!! 
The sillage here is not massive (so one would have to get in close *nudge, nudge - wink, wink*) and the longevity quite decent at about 5 hours on my perfume munching skin.

As can be gauged by my above reaction, suffice it to say that on the right guy Eau du Fier would be incredibly sexy .... INCREDIBLY!!

Rating 8/10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited