Ambra Iris 20% Extrait by Dr. Vranjes

Patchouli, Grey Amber, Florentine Iris, Myrrh.

Recently, I stumbled upon 2 new 50ml. bottles of Dr. Vranjes Ambra Iris and Rosa Cassis. Both are advertised as 20% Extrait, however both wear like an Eau de Toilette on my skin. Notwithstanding, I'm glad to have both in my collection and rotation. The presence and longevity of each is like that of a substantial EDT and rarely do I need or desire more than that these days. It truly pays to periodically peruse your local Goodwill and Mission stores for gems such as these.

My first impression of Ambra Iris was that of Molinard Patchouli. I could not help making the comparison as I like the Molinard and was compelled to do a side by side. During the wearings, Ambra Iris proved similar, but a bit lighter and brighter. Suffice it to say that they are first cousins and leave it at that.

Ambra Iris is really about Patchouli. I guess I expected a deep and rich, resinous amber with powdery qualities, but instead I experienced a Patch-dominant release. The Patchouli rendition is well done and performs like a high end fragrance that features the note. The listed Amber, Iris and Myrrh accent the patchouli in a subtle fashion. I'd be willing to say that Ambra Iris could hold its own with most niche releases of this genre.

Sillage is above average with longevity approximately 6 hours on my skin. Thumbs up from Aromi for Dr. Vranjes misnamed Ambra Iris. As always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited