Il Mondi Odore Perfume Reviews

Il Mondi Odore Perfume Reviews

Friday, December 16, 2011

Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea

The listed notes for Acqua di Parma's Mirto di Panarea are :
Myrtle, Bergamot, Calabrian lemon, Orange, Basil
Jasmin, Rose, Green of Lilac and Blackcurrant
Lentisc, Juniper, Cedarwood and Amber

What I immediately noticed is that Mirto di Panarea wears a bit like the body sprays from Bath and Body Works. I occasionally use a misting spray called Woodland from them and Mirto is very similar in its feel.

Mirto is listed as an EDT. As I wear this scent, I keep thinking I'm smelling a soapy lavender accord underneath the spice and wood. As you can see, it's not listed, yet I smell it and it's pleasant.

The opening is nice and unoffensive. All the citric notes are a bit muddled, but they are recognizable as a citrus accord with a deft touch from basil. The projection is appropriate as is Mirto's lack of denseness. It has breathing ability, which is what you want in a fragrance of this genre.

Even the floral, spice and woody tones of Mirto aren't clear cut and precise. They're content to work as a unit instead of each note vying for attention. That's an attribute I was referring to when comparing it to Woodland. The overall experience with Mirto is good since it has decent sillage and longevity. Mirto is woodier than others I have tried from AdP and while still employing a nice citric accord, they take a slightly different path in this release.

If I had to categorize this fragrance, it would be a fresh woody. It smells clean while having some substance and I can see both genders wearing this no problem. I think Mirto would work well for a woman who's looking to wear something "clean" and less floral. This is geared for men ( I believe ), but we all know the lines are blurred when it comes to classification.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Mirto di Panarea.

No comments:

Post a Comment