Blu Mediterraneo Mirto di Panarea

The listed notes for Acqua di Parma's Mirto di Panarea are :
Myrtle, Bergamot, Calabrian lemon, Orange, Basil
Jasmin, Rose, Green of Lilac and Blackcurrant
Lentisc, Juniper, Cedarwood and Amber

What I immediately noticed is that Mirto di Panarea wears a bit like the body sprays from Bath and Body Works. I occasionally use a misting spray called Woodland from them and Mirto is very similar in its feel.

Mirto is listed as an EDT. As I wear this scent, I keep thinking I'm smelling a soapy lavender accord underneath the spice and wood. As you can see, it's not listed, yet I smell it and it's pleasant.

The opening is nice and unoffensive. All the citric notes are a bit muddled, but they are recognizable as a citrus accord with a deft touch from basil. The projection is appropriate as is Mirto's lack of denseness. It has breathing ability, which is what you want in a fragrance of this genre.

Even the floral, spice and woody tones of Mirto aren't clear cut and precise. They're content to work as a unit instead of each note vying for attention. That's an attribute I was referring to when comparing it to Woodland. The overall experience with Mirto is good since it has decent sillage and longevity. Mirto is woodier than others I have tried from AdP and while still employing a nice citric accord, they take a slightly different path in this release.

If I had to categorize this fragrance, it would be a fresh woody. It smells clean while having some substance and I can see both genders wearing this no problem. I think Mirto would work well for a woman who's looking to wear something "clean" and less floral. This is geared for men ( I believe ), but we all know the lines are blurred when it comes to classification.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Mirto di Panarea.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited