Creed Aventus

Blackcurrant, Bergamot, French Apple, Pineapple.
Rose, Birch, Jasmine, Patchouli.
Oakmoss, Ambergris, Musk and Vanilla.

I have a  friend in his early twenties who is a passionate fragrance enthusiast. Our interactions are interesting because he is always having me try all the newer releases or recent purchases that he makes. I have him try some of mine as well and systematically, we broaden each others palette without doing it deliberately.

Enter Aventus. My friend seems to have a proclivity for this house, but months ago informed me how much he detested a decant of Aventus he purchased. He recently gave it to me and wanted to know what I thought of it. I think he was hoping I'd hate it too, but he was soon disappointed.

I like what I've sampled. I'll admit that the apple note isn't the most realistic rendition and neither is the fast fading pineapple, but I still recognize what the perfumer was trying to replicate. It smells good and that's what counts.

Aventus opens with a slightly alcoholic blast of citrus. It's a nice version of bergamot that has a hint of spice. In less than a minute, the Aventus mutates into a spicy, citric apple accord and it's very pleasant. The spice resembles a very mild nutmeg to me, but never do I have an apple pie association.

This opening accord lasts a very long time and is still evident when the heart begins. A leathery note propels the transition and this shift in gears is to my liking. It's an obvious change, but the note itself isn't of the loud variety. It almost seems like a leathery wood that's slightly green. There's also a demure smoke in the heart, but it doesn't possess longevity.

I must confess that the florals are lost on me. I experience no rose or jasmine to speak of. The middle of Aventus is leathery with a touch of earthiness and young wood. It's a nice accord and transition that adds an element of contrast to the opening.

The base and drydown reveal a mossy character. The amber and vanilla never take this in the direction I thought it would go. Both moss and musk bring Aventus the rest of the way with only miniscule contributions from the van-amber. This could be my skin however and as nice as it would have been to experience a louder tuning of these two, Aventus still succeeds in smelling masculine and contemporary.

Sillage is acceptable and longevity is approximately 5 hours on me. Thumbs up from Aromi for Creed's Aventus and as always, a sample wear is recommended.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited