Gucci Rush for Women

Californian Gardenia, African Freesia Petals, Peach.
Jasmine, Damask Rose, Coriander.
Natural Vanilla, Patchouli, Vetiver.

My first wearing of Rush for Women left me a bit perplexed. I liked it more than I didn't, but I wasn't enamored. More than that, by drydown I was convinced it was a B*Men flanker for women that added Gardenia for effect. The only problem with that theory is that Gucci Rush was here first, but I'm not taking back the fact that this is reminiscent of a feminized B*Men Lite. That statement isn't meant to add or take anything away from Gucci Rush. It simply is what it is.

Gucci Rush seems to be one of those polarizing fragrances. Some have deplored it while others extol it. I fall in the middle it seems. Be that as it may, it's an interesting scent with merit. While the opening is a floral fruit combination, it's not overtly feminine. Gardenia and Freesia with hints of mystery fruit listed as "peach". It's an enjoyable introduction and within minutes, Rose can be detected churning underneath with its volume slowly escalating.

I believe what is giving me the comparison mentioned above is the ratio of Vanilla, Vetiver and Patchouli in the base accord. In any given fragrance, you can have those 3 implemented and they won't come out smelling similar to a stripped down B*Men.

In the case of Gucci Rush however, they are close enough in proportion to be recognized. It's a lighter, easier finish with its own wrinkles thrown in for good measure. Gucci Rush doesn't steal my heart, but it does earn my respect. Sillage is acceptable and longevity is approximately 5 hours on me. Thumbs up from Aromi for Gucci Rush for Women.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner