Gucci Pour Homme Original release

Basil, Bergamot, Lavender, Lemon.
Carnation, Geranium, Spice, Iris, Jasmin, Patchouli, Pepper, Sandalwood, Cedar.
Amber, Oakmoss, Labdanum, Leather, Musk, Tonka, Vanilla.

Gucci Pour Homme the original. I have likened this to Guerlain Derby and still abide by that comparison, but I will say that Derby ( in either formulation ) is the superior fragrance. With that said, Gucci Pour Homme is an excellent woody leather masculine and worthy to be compared to the legendary Guerlain.

I love the citric opening in Gucci. The lemon, as fleeting as it is, meets my expectation of the perfect rendition. It lasts less than a minute on my skin, but it brings a smile to my face every single time I wear it. It leans slightly green almost immediately and the use of spice here is judicious.

Gucci Pour Homme has a certain degree of sophistication. It's tuned like a governor spring has been installed to control the overall volume. It's never loud nor are you wondering if you applied enough.

The heart is woody with just enough florals and spice to give Gucci the necessary depth. It's here where pour Homme starts leaning a bit formal. Like Derby, it never gets stodgy and takes on the tone of a serious but comfortable fragrance. Let's just say that Gucci has a relaxed elegance to it.

The leathery quality in Gucci starts exerting itself in the heart, but comes to fruition during the base and drydown. It's spicy, but not overtly so and is complimented by a light rendition of labdanum. I admit to enjoying this version of leather as it is different enough from current leather implementations to notice. I'm not stating that it's superior, just that it's different and has a heavier texture to it.

In extended drydown, the slowly evolving moss and musk finally contribute to the composition. As many times as I have worn this, never has Gucci Pour Homme realized an oriental finish on my skin. Perhaps others are more fortunate, but in spite of this deficit, I find this masculine bottle worthy and a terrific wear.

Sillage and longevity are completely acceptable and the wearings last me about 5 hours before I consider reapplying. Thumbs up from Aromi for the handsome juice in the vintage bottle.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited