Santal Noble by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier ( Original Formula )

It's hard to believe Jean Laporte created this terrific sandalwood scent 21 years ago. This is a must have for sandalwood lovers who like it served up a bit different and borderline creamy.

I have, in the past, re-reviewed this particular scent so many times that I'm literally sick of hearing myself blather about it. However, for the sake of honesty and accuracy, I have to revise it this one, last time and keep it at that. I decided to review the one that I own and keep in my wardrobe. That ONE is the original release.

I've owned other versions as I've already stated, but the original release is the one I did a full 180 on and now wonder how on earth I didn't love this the first time around. It could be that it's not the most conventional creation you will put your nose to, but I guarantee it's one of the most unique you'll have the honor to smell.

The "coffee" accord isn't exactly what I would call an accurate description of what transpires, but it's been "tagged" with the term from the press release and wearers as well since its release.

To me, it doesn't resemble the aroma of coffee, but it's borderline dark, rich and can tickle the gourmand bone just enough to keep you sniffing repeatedly. This terrific and mysterious anomaly lasts about 20 minutes and then the next thing I know, a slowly rising vanilla begins creeping into the transition. It's as if a creamy candle was lit without me being aware of it.

The vanilla ( to me ) is not of the foody variety. It's just a tad waxy and hence my candle description. Every time I wear Santal Noble, it seems a new facet is revealed that I somehow glossed over in previous wears. On any given application, it may seem a little "rough" and then the very next wearing, I'm amazed at some of the smoother aspects of this fragrance.

There's a subtle smoky and creamy tone apparent as Santal Noble shifts from the heart to the base accord. The "coffee" aura has dissipated, yet seems to return in a more subdued fashion once the drydown commences. It's a very nifty olfactory achievement and pairs up well with the vanilla.

There's other players involved as the accord listing confirms, but the ones I've been extolling are the gist of Santal Noble. The sillage is very acceptable and longevity is about 4 hours before I would think of reapplying.

Santal Noble is one of the top 5 Sandalwoods ever released in my opinion. It leans more masculine than anything, but it wouldn't be that much of a reach for a woman to pull this off. Big thumbs up from Aromi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited