Tristano Onofri revisited

Basil, Bergamot, Clary Sage, Green Notes, Lavender.
Geranium, Jasmine, Muguet, Rose, Sandalwood.
Amber, Cedar, Leather, Moss, Musk, Tonka, Vanilla.

First, a shout out to my friend Henry Ong ( aka XMEN and mrscentman) for my recent purchase of Tristano Onofri. Thanks again Henry. As always, it was a pleasure to deal with an honest, reputable human being such as yourself. Suffice it to say that the items were completely intact and stored properly. My first encounter with Tristano came sometime in 2008 and if memory serves, I received that bottle from Henry as well. Tristano Onofri is a dignified masculine that flirts with woods, fougere and oriental. I suppose I wouldn't be remiss if I stated it's a Woody Fougiental. Regardless of its category, the important things are overall aroma and performance.

Tristano opens with a thicker feel than you might expect, compared to its volume and throw. It seems to hug the skin and retain a substantial quality without permeating your surroundings. I find this aspect of the fragrance to allow one the opportunity to smell good at work or in other, conscientious conditions. The volume is governed, but succeeds in smelling full.

Blurred or well blended, depending upon how you want to look at it, there's contributions from many players without any one note overtaking the composition. On my skin, the suggestion of green bouquet, mild spice and a woody undertow come to the fore and stay prevalent until the drydown stage. Sure, there are noticeable nuances from others in the accords, but I'm simply describing what flourishes on me. What I notice most is that Tristano simply smells good and leans perhaps a tad formal. This would surely perform admirably in close quarters.

I understand the term "formal" may raise red flags with some and construe Tristano as a potentially dated fragrance. I don't find it that way at all and if I smelled this on a man of any age, I wouldn't bat an eyebrow. I would however, think that he sure smells pleasant. However, everything isn't for everyone and that's why we sample before purchase ( if at all possible ).

Once the base and drydown commence on my skin, Moss that's accentuated by mild amber are more noticeable, while the other listed players never really pop on me. It's not a disappointment however. It seems to be how the base accord is tuned and possibly the desire of the nose responsible to keep a green theme perpetuated. Sillage is moderate, even with heavier sprays with longevity approximately 3 hours on my skin and a bit longer as a skin scent. Not a strong scent, but a pleasant one. Thumbs up from Aromi for Tristano Onofri and as always, a sample wear is highly recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited