DK Men by Donna Karan

Citrus, Juniper, Pineapple.
Ambergris, Almond.
Sandalwood, Lavender, Musk.

I felt compelled to revisit DK Men ( Fuel for Men ) after perusing through some older samples and then reading my previous review from 2009. Wearing DK Men again has caused me to revise my original post. I liked it three years ago and have a new found appreciation for this extremely smooth fragrance. My perception of it has changed slightly, but my opinion is still extremely favorable.

This time around, I get less of a petrol vibe and much more of a fruit and suede theme. The pineapple note is integrated so well that I am surprised I couldn't previously esteem its deft implementation like I can now.

The magic of DK Men is in the blending of chosen notes. The citric opening is very good indeed in spite of its quick dissipation. The pineapple and amber quickly pick up the slack. They are rich, full bodied and manage to keep a respectable presence while offending no one. The volume is intelligent.

The attenuation of dominant ingredients evolves into a smooth suede like quality. In the background is a soft spoken aroma that resembles walking past a mechanics garage and catching periodic whiffs of its environment. It's not only interesting, but strangely seductive.

The star players in DK Men ( to me ) are Pineapple, Ambergris and Musk. The Fuel is built around these three and in unison, they bring forth a dense, but tranquil accord that has commendable longevity.

The wood and almond are content to be accent notes. DK Men is a woody scent, but not in the conventional sense. The totality is sweet, but not overtly so. The base and drydown afford an even keeled, musky resin merged with ambergris that carry remnants of pineapple along with it to the finish line.

Sillage is moderate and longevity is very good. I can smell DK Men 7 hours later from small applications. Thumbs up from Aromi for Donna Karan's Fuel for Men. A sample wear is recommended as always and in spite of the target audience, this would smell good on the feminine persuasion as well. It would be different.......but it still would smell great.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited