Mont St. Michel Ambree EDC

Every now and then I run across a splash-on EDC through the generosity of others. I normally wouldn't seek out these scents since I prefer EDT's and stronger concentrations. Swaps are very advantageous in that you get to sample obtuse fragrances. Some turn out to be very good.

Such is the case with Ambree. I love the smell of this and can only wish it had more projection and better longevity. However, Ambree comes in large bottles that are designed to pour, so it ends up being 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.

This isn't so much an amber than it is a spicy orange with a phantom wood far in the background. There's also a very wispy musk note that seems to come and go at its own leisure. Regardless of the simple accords that apparently constitute Ambree, it smells great and I would be interested in having a full bottle to splash liberally after a shower. I am persuaded to believe that it would make a terrific layering base for a linear amber scent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited