Route du Vetiver ( vintage formula ) by Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier

As a fan of certain vetiver renditions, it has taken me multiple wearings to conclude that I simply do not like this version in any way, shape or form.

I generally like Maitre Parfumeur offerings, but no house can please everyone all the time. I know there are fans of this particular fragrance and I surmise that only diehard vetiver fans could appreciate the earthy and dirty medicinal qualities Route du Vetiver brings to the table.

There is an overshadowing tincture methiolate aroma hovering over this scent that is very off-putting to me. The combination of black currant, green notes and bourbon vetiver give off a resinous dirt that, to me, isn't attractive for purposes of scent. Others may and have disagreed with this assumption, but it is only one mans opinion.

These notes shut out the listed jasmin on my skin. I believe if the jasmin was more pronounced, it would have taken this accord into a positive direction. The sandal is usurped here as well, but what it seems to accomplish is empowering the currant, green and bourbon to continue on its merry way acting as fuel if you will. Musk softens Route du Vetiver only slightly and well into the drydown. I suggest a try before you buy on this offering.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited