Sud Est by Romeo Gigli

I have sampled this more than once and keep coming to the same conclusion. As much as I love cooking spices, I don't want to smell like a cacophony of pasta sauce herbs. At least not in my fragrance.

One or two will do spread out over accords, but this is an over the top culinary spice rack in a bottle. The only missing ingredient is marjoram and possibly a surprise visit from Tony Garganonza looking to collect on an old debt....or vendetta.

Gigli somehow puts it all together and makes it work, but for me, it's simply too many herbs and spice. The citrus in the opening and woods in the heart and base are lost behind a torrent of herbal warfare and become the first casualties in this La Bistro police action. If you really, really, really dig Italian herbs and spice in liquid form, buy a bottle of this, wear it and then strut through the Italian market in South Philly. I'll lay odds you get invited to supper at Luigi's within minutes.....and yes.....he has a daughter who's single.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited