Aqua Allegoria Laurier-Reglisse by Guerlain

This 2008 offering from Guerlain is a hard one to figure. At first spritz, it almost smelled Creed-ish, but after a moment or two, that impression was gone.

I sampled this multiple times to see if I'm missing something here. My subsequent samplings have differed from my original opinion ( which was done hastily I might add). The last few wears have resulted in this review.

The opening accord is a citric floral that's actually pretty good. Too bad it doesn't last more than a few minutes. The listed notes don't jive with what I am smelling....and this is why I sampled it so many times.

The heart accord seems to be an ozonic floral with a dash of musk. I get no listed licorice or amber as some other reviewers have, nor bay leaf or violet. What I get in totality after the opening accord is a transparent ozonic floral that has a wispy musk and a hint of green. It smells a tad cheap....which shocks me since this is a Guerlain....and is basically a boring scent that smells acceptable......and I am being magnanimous in saying that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited