Azzaro Pour Homme

Azzaro released this fougere in 1978. To my knowledge, I do not recall ever smelling the original formulation and what I am sampling is from a bottle I purchased in 2008.

The opening of Azzaro is acceptable. No more, no less. There's nothing remarkable here and I don't want to denigrate this fragrance. The opening is a very conventional spicy citrus with a nod from lavender.

The woody heart of Azzaro is on the subdued side and is secondary to the topnotes. These transitions are where I usually find reformulations deficient, however having never smelled the vintage, for all I know this version is better....but....I doubt that highly. Reformulations and bottle changes are a cost-cutting maneuver for houses and rarely bodes well for the scent.

The base accord is a pleasant enough fellow, but lacks character. Subtle moss and wood notes with a hint of amber once the drydown is in full swing. While Azzaro Pour Homme is decent enough, there are far superior fougeres out there to be had. Price-wise, this fragrance is good, but my recommendation is to spend a few more dollars for a more remarkable masculine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited