Black Aoud by Montale

I have been sample wearing Black Aoud for well over a year now. Aoud, in general, seems to give me a hard time and it takes multiple wearings for me of each Aoud.

I know good when I encounter it and it doesn't really matter if it suits me per se. Black Aoud ( and basically the entire line) is well made and has extraordinary longevity with very good sillage. The rose is big, dark and of the soft variety and when combined with this labdanum, the accord becomes warm.

After a half hour or so, I smell an intermittent and deep amberish note. I don't know if it's an olfactory illusion, but no matter, the Aoud is ever present underneath a prominent rose and well behaved labdanum. This is a strong fragrance and make no mistake about that, yet the volume seems to stay inside acceptable levels and that is remarkable.

The more I sample Black Aoud, the more I am coming around to its unfamiliar charms. I seem to be inching closer and closer to a bottle purchase.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Silver by Etienne Aigner