Fahrenheit Absolute by Dior

Aoud seems to be the flavor of the year, so why not include it in this new release from Dior?  Absolute is a different scent than its namesake and should not be considered a more concentrated version since it's a different animal.

We start with violet. I find this note to be a tricky one, however the rendition used here isn't off putting. It's spatial more than it is transparent and feels like a canopy that the other notes seek cover under. There isn't very many notes implemented in Absolute and it relies on Aoud and myrrh with a low volume smoke from incense to not only reach its potential, but to do it within minutes.

I sampled this months ago and didn't think much of it at the time. This time, I gave it a proper sampling and took my time considering it. I am not a fan or detractor of Aoud in general. I simply like to sample them one at a time since they are all different renditions and I find Absolute to be a nice, new release. The violet subsides considerably after 5 minutes and when it does, it compliments the aoud accord. Nice creation from Dior.

Comments

  1. Love this. Along with vintage and all flankers of Fahrenheit.
    Well written.

    Miss this discontinued gem.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited