Sandringham by Crown Perfumery

First, allow me to apologize for the image. I couldn't dig up a pic of Sandringham and truth be told, I didn't search high and low.

This fragrance was created in 1873 and from what I could find, was discontinued in 2002. This ( to me) is a Fougypre with an expert use of lavender and moss. What strikes me the most is the use of Muguet oil to balance the accords and soften them as well.

Sandringham opens with a well executed citric lavender that defies being dated. Flat out good is flat out good. Lord knows I'm not a fan of all things "cologny", but Sandringham is above that. The accords are uncomplicated and implement streamlined thinking. The florals are in perfect balance and harmony with oncoming moss and an underlying wood. I continually detect a background pepper note that is barely perceptible from the heart accord onward, but it could very well be a combination of all things Sandringham.

This is a timeless classic cologne that rises to the top in this congested genre.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited