Terre D'Hermes

Released in 2006, I have just recently sampled this fragrance. I  procrastinated since I am a fan of vintage Equipage and Bel Ami and this release is fairly new. I haven't fared too well with newer masculines, but I'm always hopeful.

Terre D'Hermes EDP opening on me is a mild citrus with patchouli. This is an earthy patch and gives whiffs of moist soil. If I smell very close, I get a very sublte pepper, but I can't discern any floral notes in the heart accord.

The drydown is a wispy cedar that's not very noticeable in the midst of the citrus-patchouli duo. Musk, flint, geranium and vetiver that are listed escape me in this scent. The pepper becomes more apparent as Terre D'Hermes goes into extended drydown, but I find this masculine unremarkable. There's nothing wrong with it, however it doesn't move me one way or the other. I have other passive patch scents I prefer over this.

I have read some glowing reviews of this masculine and truly, I don't get the accolades. My mindset is if you are going to release a parfum version of a former release, then by all means make it a bomb. Terre D'Hermes is good, but I won't be purchasing a bottle of it. I expected more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited