Fire & Ice for Men by Revlon

Revlon's Fire and Ice for Men is one of the few fragrances that offers no accord information anywhere. As such, I will attempt to articulate what I smell and list notes I believe are in the mix. This is a 1994 release that straddles the fence pertaining to gender. During the wearings, I am certain that this could be worn by both genders. I own an original bottle and it still can be had at rock bottom prices.

My best guess at implemented notes is :

Bergamot, Mandarin, Lavender, Plum, Carnation, Geranium, Orris, Amber, Rosewood, Sandalwood.

My very first impression of Fire and Ice is that it's synthetic. However, there's good synthetic and then there's bad. Fire and Ice is very acceptable and the more you wear it, the better you adjust. The amber is apparent immediately and as far as I can tell, it is this particular note that gives me the synthetic aspect. It may be attributable to Acetate and Ambrinol. That, however, is an educated guess.

The opening is reminiscent of bergamot, orange and lavender that's already permeated with amber. The fruit note that arises shortly thereafter reminds me of a plummy, pineapple concoction. The combination of amber and fruit has Fire and Ice leaning sweet from the onset and it remains that way throughout the life of the wearings.

I experience periodic whiffs of what could be subtle carnation, geranium and hints of violet. These floral notes are not strong by any means. The amber quality is thick and heavy, making it difficult for any of the heart notes to materialize.

The amber, while front and center, isn't resinous but rather sweet and artificial. The other wood notes give me the impression of rosewood and sandal. They, like the heart notes, are under duress the entire time from the dense, fruity and sweet amber accord. I'm willing to bet that, if people were to try this blind from a sample vial, they would never think this was an el cheapo from Revlon.

Sillage is good and longevity is most of the day on my skin. This scent is powerful and more than a few sprays can easily become cloying. Thumbs up from Aromi for Revlon's Fire and Ice for Men.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited