Orris Noir by Ormonde Jayne

Is it me or are Ormonde Jayne's releases all on volume control? Personally, I prefer to control my own projection by spraying accordingly. I'm finding the "midrange" a little stingy on these samples, but other than that, the scents are quality and well put together.

The opening of Orris Noir is a semi muted conglomerate of high grade iris and a smidgeon of coriander and pepper. It's a sophisticated accord that sticks around for quite some time. These 3 players are intertwined and smell almost as one. I, for one, don't see the citrus putting in much work here, but the blending may be the reason that the bergamot doesn't get much visibility. Or....it could just be me.

The davana note in the top becomes apparent in the middle accord and lends a woody-fruit aroma to juniper and bay. It's a nice transition and a very smooth one at that. The fragrance deepens here in the heart accord and emits a richness that is very satisfying. The jasmin seamlessly appears here and mingles effortlessly with the iris....producing a superior floral accent.


The base accord doesn't evolve for quite some time on me and the volume is still a little too low for my tastes.....however.....what I have smelled so far is excellent. A woody incense anchors Orris Noir and allows the long lasting initial accords to finally hand over the baton. By this time, it is a borderline sweet skin scent with iris and jasmin being held up by the subtle basenotes.

All things being equal, the volume dispute I have with this release is trumped by the quality, aroma and execution that is Orris Noir. Excellent Floral Woody by Ormonde Jayne.

Comments

  1. I love this one too, even though I'm not a big iris fan, I find it sometimes too cool and metallic. But here it's woody and peppery, just like you described! Have you tried her new Tiare? It has a little more oomph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds pretty good. I will definitely try more from Ormonde Jayne since I'm already impressed.

    A little more oomph is what I need !!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited