Patchouli by Reminiscence

Patchouli by Reminiscence was released in 1970 and from my understanding, this is a continuation of that initial offering. Elixir, Patchouli Homme and Eau de Patchouli are offshoots of this fragrance......and all of them bring something to the table for patch fans.

Patchouli's opening is an earthy patch....slightly moist and immediately followed by a wood accord dominated by cedar. It's a very good accord and only patchouli lovers will appreciate it. This is not for folks who prefer their patchouli to be submissive and/or buried underneath a multitude of other notes. This is out front and in your face. I dig it....but then again.....I love patchouli.

This isn't a fragrance with obvious transitions. I get the opening accord ,then it slowly and smoothly transforms into a softer patchouli with a sheer, musky amber. It's uncomplicated and yet an excellent scent. One doesn't really need a lot of movement as long as the present accords are well executed. All of Reminiscence's patch renditions have in common a different, but terrific drydown to their credit. This one is no exception.

This rendition is actually the first Reminiscence I tried. Because I was impressed, I went on to try others in the line and was taken with them as well. So far, I own one bottle and have plans on others from this house. My suggestion is that if you have an affinity for patchouli and warm, spicy finishes.......try these releases and you are bound to find one that floats your boat.

Big thumbs up from Aromi for Reminiscence and all their patchouli's.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited