Eau D'Epices by Tauer

Have you ever sample worn a scent multiple times that is well made, rich and long lasting.......yet......didn't like anything about it? Eau D'Epices is that fragrance for me. I will however give it props for excellent longevity.

The opening is an amalgamation of suede,coriander,clove,orange and a dash of cinnamon. I won't go as far to say it's off putting, but it's close. The texture is full bodied and I like how it's constructed, but the scent itself isn't pleasing to me at all. There's too much of a mish-mash here that doesn't quite gel like it should.

Within 10 minutes, the background violet and jasmin are introduced. They do nothing to accomplish cohesiveness and the result is more of the same. Even so, the quality of ingredients and blending is readily apparent, making this creation a frustrating wear for me. I can smell the effort that went into this, yet the end result doesn't work....at least for me that is.

The drydown takes an impressive amount of time to reach fruition....and it's this part of the fragrance that I find acceptable. A simple spicy wood with hints of incense on low volume is what Eau D'Epices ends up as, but the journey takes a long time and the road was....well....a bit too convoluted for my tastes.

This Tauer creation has superb longevity and uses superior ingredients, but alas, it will never be for me. Even my wife commented on it.....and she usually refrains on an opinion unless I ask for one. She didn't wait for a request. This is definitely a try-b-4-u-buy creation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited