Guerlain Heritage Eau de Toilette and Eau de Parfum

When I want to exude a classic, masculine aroma I reach for Guerlain Heritage. I know that probably sounds corny, but I have no other way to say it. It is refined smelling and advertises "man" at the same time.

I lumped both the EDT and EDP in the same review since I find not much differences at all between the two. The EDP goes quickly into the heart accord while the EDT spreads its wings with its bright top. In 5 minutes, they are the same to me so I find it redundant to own both.

The feel from the opening bell is a thick, citric woody that incorporates well positioned spices and herbal tones. There's aldehyde here, but it's slightly subdued and diffuses with a bit less shimmer than I normally come across. It's close to perfect and magnifies the spicy citric accord that's introduced along with it.

The heart and base of Heritage ( at least on me ) are there from the very beginning and begin to come into the light once the opening has subsided. Juniper berry, lavender, petitgrain and spices are very interesting bedfellows and are tuned by a maestro.

There's a delicate balance of green and violet permeating Heritage. They are accents and compliment the rich, floral assembly of Carnation, Jasmin and Rose. I love smelling this and have noticed that body heat will radiate this accord and envelope you in the bounty that is Heritage.

The woody base has resin and tilts slightly sweet from the amber. The musk is probably the best kept secret Heritage has to offer. It adds a dimension of sensuality to an otherwise genteel effort.

Heritage by Guerlain, in all its incarnations, is a very worthy masculine and I could think of no better fragrance to wear when donning a suit and tie at a formal affair. Naturally, it has a bit more versatility than that, but you get my drift. Big thumbs up from Aromi for Guerlain's Heritage.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited