Or Black ( Reformulated ) by Morabito

Every time I revisit Morabito's Or Black, I am reminded of a cult favorite; an all time great leather rendition that doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I don't know if it has to do with availability or marketing gaffes when the fragrance was released.

Don't get me wrong.....there are people who are aware of Or Black and that it's a no  nonsense leather heavyweight.....but it seems these "people" are fragrance enthusiasts. Casual fragrance fans ( more than likely) have never heard of it. Leather buffs would be well served sampling this masculine. This is leather served up dark, strong and unapologetic. I thoroughly enjoyed Sugandaraja's review of this heady brew and am compelled to add my own since I concur and have held Or Black in high esteem.

Or Black is probably my favorite leather and I find the reformulated rendition more versatile. Blasphemous you say? Well, it's all well and good if you disagree, but I've worn both and stick by my statement. The vintage version is almost too much of a good thing and while a lot of fun having it in the wardrobe for personal wearings, it's a tough sell in social gatherings. It takes no prisoners and I like to spray a bit liberally. The reformulated is attenuated perfectly for me and that's what fragrance is all about. We go through all this tinkering to find what works best for ourselves.

Or Black opens with a citric leather already spiced up with pepper. The new rendition doesn't possess a lot of movement and on me ( at least ), what I smell is what I get from the opening onward. I prefer Or Black this way. This is leather from start to finish and unencumbered by window dressing. This is a brand new leather jacket that's never been worn. That is a great aroma and this is what Or Black delivers.

There's other notes accentuating the star here, but the totality of Or Black is a peppery leather with its "brand new" smell attached to it. Uncomplicated, direct and with perfect sillage and longevity, Or Black by Morabito remains my "truest" leather frag in the arsenal. Big thumbs up from Aromi for Or Black.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited