Amber Noir Eau de Parfum by Angela Flanders

This is the 2nd Angela Flanders I have sampled with Hungary Water being the first. Perusing her website, Angela seems extremely content to keep her output controllable. Her storefront ( I believe) is open only on Sundays and that has something to due with her locale in the United Kingdom. If I am mistaken about that, my apologies to Angela beforehand. She does have an online store that's sells samples as well as various bottle sizes and concentrations.

My initial impression of Amber Noir is a denseness similar to Laurie Erickson's creations. I happen to be a big fan of Laurie's work and Angela's rendition of amber is along those same lines. This scent truly is all about amber and unless you're a fan of that note, this may seem a tad linear.

Actually, it's more faceted than that, but amber is front and center from the initial application. I find it a bit resinous, dark, powerful and at the same time, restrained. It's sensual without being overtly sweet with a hint of smokiness. After 10 minutes, I get a very subtle tabac-vanilla undercurrent, but it's intermittent. The amber is of the deep, dry variety but never dusty. The scent remains this way on me for its entirety as just the volume lowers ever so slowly.

Fans of substantial amber should give this a test run. Amber Noir isn't sweet nor is it bitter. It has chosen the smoky resin road to reach its destination. Aromi has been on this road before.......and likes the ride. Thumbs up for Angela Flanders Amber Noir.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited