Passion Mediterrannee Yachting by Morabito

Yachting is the other masculine in the Passion Mediterrannee trio of samples I recently received. This is extremely different from Beach ( which I liked), but I cannot seem to "get" Yachting even after multiple wearings.

I can say that this fragrance needs to be sampled in lieu of purchase. I know from owning a few Morabito's that this house marches to the beat of their own drummer....and that is evident to me while wearing Yachting.

I guess I expected a more mainstream marine take due to the name, but it's not that at all. This is more like a strange Fougypre trying to pull off an aquatic vibe. I'm more taken aback with its weirdness than the aroma. We have cypress front and center in the opening supported by a background citrus and smidgeon of lavender.

After a few minutes, spices courtesy of basil and thyme arrive and their volume is commensurate with the wood. Melon is listed, but I don't realize it....unless it was short lived in the offbeat cacophony of the opening accord. More than likely, it was usurped by the other culprits.....or.......I simply didn't get it. There's also a peppery clove note percolating underneath that slowly gains some momentum by the time the heartnotes arrive. It's a polite duo and is content to stay in the background on my skin.

The base and drydown consist of patchouli, cedar, fir, incense, musk and a note called "foam of tree". I take it as a moss and call it good since I'm clueless as to what "foam of tree" actually is. The fir and "foam" (lol) do emit a sheen of green to the scent and musk evolves ever so slowly to fruition. By extended drydown, the musk has come to the front of the line. As a fan of cedar, incense and patch, I'm kind of disappointed that this "kitchen sink" of notes disallows 3 of my favorites to come into being. Oh well.......Yachting is eclectic enough as it is and a must try for those who seek fragrances like this out.

With that said, the best I can give Yachting is a neutral. The sillage is acceptable and so is the longevity, so there's no problems there. The bottom line is that I could never get to love this scent, regardless of how many wearings. Some things just need to stay out of my wardrobe.........and this is one of them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited