Angel Liqueur de Parfum by Thierry Mugler

ChocaHoneyChouli. ChocaHoneyChouli. ChocaHoneyChouli. I can actually say that 3 times very fast and not mess it up.

Okay.......a follow up to the infamous, love-it-or-hate-it Angel by Mugler. I recently sampled Alien's Liqueur rendition and truly was inspired by it. Like the Alien version, I expected to dislike the Liqueur version of Angel since the original was a bit too much scent for me ( and that's saying something).

This is as dense, rich and enveloping as Alien Liqueur. Like Alien, it doesn't transition much and really reacts like an extrait. It may be just me and my perception, but there you have it. I immediately noticed that there was no enduring the topnotes of the original. For me, that is a good....no......great thing. A very rich accord of dusty cocoa, patchouli and restrained honey that has just been blown out of a cherry wood tobacco pipe radiate from the area on my body that I applied it. Truly less is more with the Liqueur series and can assume that 2 nice spritzes would last all day long........and quite possibly longer.

Rumor has it that Mugler covertly hired the anonymous elves that work for Bogart in order to come up with radioactive longevity. I, for one, would not be surprised since both houses are notorious for hang time. In truth, the Alien version lasted longer, but I'm splitting hairs here. It's the same difference as hitting a 303 foot homerun compared to a 340 foot shot on a 300 foot field.

An opulent dusting of cocoa overlaid on a honeyed patchouli inside a bubble of cherrywood. This is Angel Liqueur to me and just like Alien, I find it immensely superior to the original. So far, no one has been more successful than Mugler taking retail winners from the past and tweaking them. Big thumbs up from Aromi for Angel Liqueur de Parfum.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited