Profumum Dambrosia

Profumum's Dambrosia is a fig lovers delight. To be more exact, green fig supported by intermittent pear and almond. It's as tenacious as you'd expect a Profumum to be and the longevity is no problem whatsoever.

When I received the partial bottle sent to me, I was in the post office parking lot. Naturally I had to spritz once on my hand and then went my way. Within 5 minutes, I was at the gym, threw my workout gloves on and started getting busy. By my 2nd set, I was literally surrounded by a cloud of fig and almond wafting upwards from the hand that was inside my worn down mechanix glove.

It was so noticeable that, as I paced between sets, I was doing extra wide turns around the equipment as not to distract others as they worked out. My workout lasted a little over an hour as it always does and Dambrosia hung right in there the entire time. The higher my body temp went up, the more pronounced the sillage was coming from my covered up hand. At one point, I was almost incredulous.

After about 2 hours and finding myself at home with a beer, the volume was perfect and still pumping out greenish fig and almond. The pear was only apparent to me the first few minutes and it could be that olfactory fatigue will not allow me to locate it anymore. The sandalwood also starts manifesting itself after quite some time and compliments the figgy almond rather nicely. The sandal plays a supporting role in Dambrosia, but it's a really nice rendition. It's slightly creamy and promises a a very comfortable drydown.

Dambrosia is different than Diptyque's Philosykos in that it's not quite as woody. Both are very good yet I give the nod to Dambrosia for its versions of fig and sandalwood. This is a winner folks........but only if you love fig.

Big thumbs up from Aromi for Profumum's Dambrosia.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited