1270 by Frapin

LS has the listed notes as : Exotic woods, Spice, Raisin, Vine flowers, Pepper, Candied orange, Nut, Hazelnut, Prune, Cocoa, Coffee, Leather, Woods, White honey and Vanilla.

Most of these listed notes I can get a bead on wearing Frapin's 1270. Wearing 1270 convinced me that it was slightly gourmand and slightly boozy. I mean slightly because everything in here is balanced extremely well. The longer the wearing goes on, the better it becomes and the more you can appreciate the gem that this is.

I'm not one for foody scents nor am I a big fan of very boozy renditions. I like the suggestion of both, but only the suggestion. I am pleased that 1270 embodies this sentiment. In terms of balance or attenuation, 1270 is a Wallenda. All these notes are balanced precariously on a woven wire consisting of vanilla woods. They do not fall and they finish the walk successfully.

1270 opens with a spicy raisin and wood accord. To me, the raisin was short lived but smelled genuine. The spicy raisin soon becomes a spiced-fruit-candy that is actually excellent. The woods are there all along and never leave any of the transitions. About the time the heartnotes move over for the base accord, a very shadowy leather note hovers in the background and allow a mocha-like aroma to blend with it. This too, is very good, balanced and at the correct volume.

The slightly leathery mocha continues and merges with a slowly arriving woody vanilla base. The spicy aspect from the top accord is still hanging in there and the drydown is basically all these transitions inhabiting one another. I'm in admiration of the way this is blended and I find no holes in this fragrance at all.

Sillage is very respectable and longevity is what you'd expect from an EDP. Big thumbs up from Aromi for Frapin's 1270.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited