Antonia's Flowers Eau de Toilette

I have never heard of Antonia's Flowers until very recently and this particular scent has been around quite awhile. It's an under the radar floral and impressed me enough to order their sample pack.

I'm wearing the EDT and have read how superior the EDP and absolu versions are. I can only assume that they are because I'm sure liking the EDT rendition. This leans too feminine for me to ever wear, but it sure is pleasant and has surprising projection and longevity without ever becoming annoying.

There are numerous floral components in this fragrance, but what I smell as the dominant note is Freesia. The entire scent simply smells fresh like a walk through your garden after a rain shower. Wearing this a few times leaves me thinking that it's an almost perfect, feminine warm weather scent that never gets heavy. It also doesn't come off as cloying or dated in any way. It's simply very comfortable, smells great and is mindful of others.

The notes are : Freesia, Jasmin, Magnolia, Muguet, Sandalwood and Musk.

While Freesia is front and center on me, the others are busy at work assisting in making this an attractive bouquet. Jasmin seems to be the quiet one of the lot, with Magnolia and Muguet talking just loud enough to be heard over the Freesia. The collaboration is relaxing enough to make me want to wear it. I periodically get whiffs of what smells like a subtle violet note, but it doesn't stay.

As Antonia's Flowers winds down, the musky wood note comes in on cue and transforms this into a mild, floral woody. The sillage and longevity are a bit better than you'd expect from a lighthearted floral. All in all a very good feminine that should be at least sampled by more perfumistas.

Thumbs up from Aromi for Antonia's Flowers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited