Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale

Bois 1920 is yet another house that produces some fairly respectable releases. Normally I won't try any fragrance that has the word Sushi in it simply due to my dislike for the dish. It's a mental barrier, I know and naturally this fragrance wouldn't resemble it in aroma, but................

...........I ordered a sample anyway after looking at the accord. It looked like it may be a sleeper. LS has the notes listed as : Citrus, Pepper, Nutmeg, Cinnamon and Madagascan vanilla.

Sushi Imperiale is as uncomplicated as the listed accord. A linear, citric and spice scent that feels like a fragrance I'd wear over the holidays. Of course, the nutmeg and cinnamon are responsible for that association. I will say that the 3 spices are balanced rather judiciously and this makes Sushi Imperiale an easy wear. Each gets equal billing as they ride along with the citrus rendition. It also has substance while not becoming a loud fragrance.

Even the vanilla rendition has manners, but does evolve a slight, vanilla candle vibe 20 minutes in or so. In spite of that, I find this a nice wear that's unoffensive despite the spice notes. Sillage is very average with good longevity. I recommend a sample wear to those who ( like me ) wouldn't mind finding a fragrance that implements nutmeg and cinnamon with some discretion.

Is it a sleeper? No, I wouldn't go as far as to say that, but I will say it's nice. Thumbs up from Aromi for Bois 1920's Sushi Imperiale.

Comments

  1. Thanks for testing the waters on this one, Aromi. I've had a sample in my queue for quite some time, but I do think that the name has been keeping me away. I actually love sushi, but the thought of a sushi perfume...?

    Do you know anything about the provenance of the name?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited