L'Artisan Drole de Rose

Olivia Giacobetti strikes again with this 1996 demure rendition of rose. I'm very happy smelling this because I continue sampling this house and have had a very difficult time finding L'Artisan's that work for me.

Mind you, I couldn't pull this one off since it's extremely feminine, but it truly smells terrific. It's understated but satisfying. LS has the notes listed as :
Rose, Aniseed, Orange Blossom, White Iris, Violet, Almond, Honey and Leather.

On my skin, Drole de Rose is a semi sweet combination of rose and violet. A bit dusty at first, then transitioning into a powdery accord of rose, subtle violet and a lipstick like note. The Orange Blossom dissipates very quickly and is only tangible the first minute on me. The iris pairs well with the violet note and together they contribute a powder-like texture framing the star of the show.

A very subtle honey slowly augments Drole de Rose with a perfect touch of sweetness. If the notes were not listed, I would have attributed this characteristic to amber and wonder if a smidgeon isn't actually in the base. The drydown affords an extremely shy anise contribution and it too is a terrific addition.

Drole de Rose is a well behaved, feminine floral that I can imagine smelling on women of all ages. It's uncomplicated, polite and wearing its best attire. Big thumbs up from Aromi for Gicobetti's handiwork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited