A Taste of Heaven Absinthe Verte By Kilian

I completely understand the references to the Caron release. I tried for a few days to locate the atomizer of Pour un Homme that was sent to me by a generous basenoter, but I couldn't find it. I desired to do a side by side, but it's not in the cards.

I found the Caron to be good, but not for me. I recall getting some responses to that review extolling its virtues, but no matter, I was still basically bored by it and found it dated. Yea.....I know some hate hearing that term, but for me to say anything different would be lying on my part.

At any rate, I find this house expensive like other niche creators, but I'm still undecided if I like Kilian releases. I haven't sampled enough of them to conclude that they are for me or not. Absinthe Verte sure smells good, yet it seems to have a similar effect on me as the Caron. There's lavender implemented numerous times here along with vanilla. It's hard for me to love this combo. I respect that it's well done, but not my favorite grouping of notes.

LS lists the notes as follows : Calabria Bergamot Oil, Geranium Bourbon Oil, Orange Flower Absolute, Turkish Rose Absolute, Green Absinthe Oil, Lavender Barreme Oil, Lavandin Abrialis Oil, Lavandin Green Absolute, Lavandin Green Concrete, Indonesian Patchouli Oil, Oak Moss Extract, Costus Oil, Ambrarome Absolute, Vanilla Bean Absolute, Tonka Beans.

As you can see, there is quite a bit of absolutes involved here. You can also see all the lavender implemented and this is a lavender-fest. The opening is thick with citrus and lavender. You would think that by using Rose and Orange Flower absolutes that they would be very noticeable, but I cannot say that they are. This is where I am slightly disappointed with Absinthe Verte. The floral array needs to be attenuated in order to peek out from under the deluge of lavender. Mind you, the lavender rendition is top notch, but it's almost too much of a good thing.

The tonka adds a nice dusting to the van-amber accord lurking underneath. The moss is subtle and blends well with the ever-present lavender. I don't recognize the patch note anywhere and have tried to in multiple wearings. Suffice it to say that Absinthe Verte is a well blended lavender bomb and exudes quality material. Still, you had better love lavender and vanilla for this fragrance to please you.

I have to give a neutral rating because of the price point between this and the Caron. Sampling is recommended as you may love this quite a bit more than I do. Very nice scent......but just not for me......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited