Bond No.9 Hamptons

Before sampling Bond No.9 Hamptons, I read some of the reviews instead of reviewing, then reading other opinions. I guess it's the approaching Holidays, stress and whatnot that has me doing everything ass backwards lately. I'll be fine after some valium and a Bud Lite.

Now, I have been having a difficult time the last week or so reviewing ANYTHING. Nothing seems to have "clarity" to my nose and it's not because I have a cold. Physically, I am fine, so I attribute this distracted and detached state to the time of year.

The very first thing I noticed upon applying Hamptons was that it has a peripheral latex note. It's that rubber glove aroma floating above everything else. I know that smell well. I was a Chef for years and while no longer willing to manage kitchens, I still work in one. Gloves are as visible in kitchens as the food and utensils themselves. After peeling off a set of disposable latex gloves, there's a certain smell that accompanies that act. It's in Hamptons as well.

Naturally, I attribute this effect to the combination of floral and green notes along with musk. I admit to not enjoying this attenuation of components. I have smelled similar groupings of notes in other fragrances before mimicking this latex note. I can't say I enjoyed it in them either.

Bond No.9 has the notes listed as : Lime blossom, Bergamot, White jasmin, Magnolia, Amber and Sandalwood.

Hamptons seems to sit in the middle of masculine and feminine scents. Anyone who likes this can pull it off in my opinion. My problems with it seem to be the aforementioned latex and Hamptons inability to unfold the listed woody-amber notes. Even after an hour ( and longer ), the greenish floral combo still persists and doesn't seem to transcend that. It's rather unremarkable on my skin, but quite possibly would be perceived differently by others. I am disappointed with it, but I still recommend a sample wear if other reviews of it pique your interest.

The sillage is adequate and so is the longevity. Now, if I could only enjoy both.........but..........it's simply not to be. Neutral rating from Aromi for Bond No.9's Hamptons.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited