O-Piu by i Profumi di Firenze

Here's a changeling from i Profumi di Firenze. I say that only because I get 3 distinct accords during its transitions. The first one lasts only moments on my skin, but it's an interesting one.

The initial application results in a blast of citrus courtesy of Lemon, Bergamot and a bitter orange. This citric accord has a slightly different feel from others I've worn with the same triumvirate. Then again, this house has a different style than most others. Regardless, the topnotes are very nice and enjoyable, but it doesn't possess the longevity I would have liked. Then again, they are topnotes.........

Within minutes, lavender, geranium and carnation glide into picture. This gives O-Piu a retro vibe reminiscent to numerous classic masculines. I wouldn't say it caused a deja vu moment, but hobbyists have all smelled this accord before. It's familiar and therefore a bit comforting, albeit at the expense of blazing some new paths.

After 10 minutes or a little longer, the lavender turns a tad soapy. There's evidence of some spice here as well. It's at this junction that O-Piu smells very similar to vintage Cassini Reporter. I also get the feeling that this would not be so persuasive as a feminine wear. It's not overtly macho, but it's too similar to the older classics. This overall aroma is closely associated with men. ( Well......at least for me it is).

The base is part wood, part earthiness and part oriental. The vanilla rendition is extremely subtle. It's in there, but the volume turned up a notch would have been terrific. There's patchouli, a listed oak ( which I'm hard pressed to discover ) and some vetiver. All in all a good, solid accord and once again an accord that has been done all too often.

It may sound like O-Piu is boring me, but it isn't. I need to word this review as such so you know that, for all intents and purposes, O-Piu is a rehash of other woody orientals and mainstream in that regard. It's good with a very nice opening and definitely worth a sample wear if this type of frag floats your boat.

I recommend a sample wear of O-Piu as opposed to a blind purchase. Sillage is average as is the longevity ( approximately 4 hours ). Still, it's good enough to give a thumbs up.

Comments

  1. This is a house I've been meaning to try for some time. These fragrances were briefly available at Selfridges but I missed the opportunity to sample them. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited