Comme des Garcons 2

Aldehyde, Mandarin, Tea, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Coriander, Bay leaf, Magnolia, Cedar, Patchouli, Incense, Labdanum, Angelica, Cumin, Vetiver, Cade.

Comme des Garcons2 is a provocative scent in the regard that it extracts wide ranging opinions and conclusions from those smelling it. I read certain reviews as I wore this fragrance and my opinion differs. My wife, who boils everything down immediately to the common denominator, held a polar opposite view to mine.

A theme running through CdG2 is an ink accord. It seems numerous people agree that they are reminded of ink when wearing this. I admit to getting a very subtle facsimile of one and have to give the upper hand on this quality to Cartier. There is a damp version of ink that permeates CdG2, but it's not all encompassing.

The aldehyde, spice, tea and magnolia create of lucid accord on me in the opening. There's something obviously floral about CdG2, yet I am unable to identify exactly what component is responsible for this.
It's similar to a moist flower of unknown origin that
exudes a soft and peppery aroma. There's an ink quality here along with moist grass. Perhaps Mark Buxton simply wanted an atmospheric floral to paint his liquid picture on.

The base affords me hints of a more subdued pepper, some woodiness, earth and an unconventional incense rendition. It's wispy and isn't focused like a normal implementation of the note. It's like a shadow that's been present the entire ride.

Do I like CdG2? Actually, I do like it and as the wearings went on, I came to think of it as a substantial fragrance that works for both genders. It's not incendiary by any means, but it smells very good and has the right amount of sillage and longevity to satisfy discriminating palettes. CdG2 possesses versatility not only for climate, but occasions as well. This definitely warrants a sample wear and gets a thumbs up from Aromi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited