Odin 06 Amanu

Orange, Galbanum, Lentisque, Cedarleaf, Jasmine, Magnolia, Amberwood, Musk, Moss.

I've worn Amanu three times now and I'm not sure what to make of it. It may be that it's a bit subdued for my tastes, so with that in mind, I'll attempt to be as fair minded as I can.

I can accept low key fragrances and know they have a place. I become a bit perplexed when they are low key and ordinary. If Amanu was tuned louder, I would still find it on the generic end of the spectrum.

The wood and musk aspect of 06 is reminiscent of Zara's Sandalo. It possesses that economical combination found in numerous, low-end creations. That statement is more of an observation than it is derogatory because I own some of these scents I'm referring to.

However, I expect more from a scent costing more than $1 per ml. It's acceptable at $20 per bottle, but even the sillage and projection are sub par here. The aroma is pleasant enough even if it is unremarkable. Amanu is like soft, background music being played in a chatty bistro that no one notices or pays attention to. Perhaps that was the goal? I do not know, but what I do know is that I am unmoved by 06.

The green, citrus, floral, earth and wood components are all here, but I have to admit that I don't care for the ingredients or attenuation. Nothings stands out to make a statement and Amanu comes off as emotionless and cold. I wanted something here to be endearing or confrontational. I get ambivalence.

This shouldn't be taken as an indictment of the house. Some of Odin's releases are very interesting. Sadly, Amanu doesn't seem to be one of them. I suppose that this fragrance would work in tight quarters like an office setting where any fragrance with presence could cause a disturbance.

At any rate, I've come away somewhat bored and entertain no thoughts on a future purchase. This just isn't my style. You'll never know if it's yours unless you sample it. Sillage is mediocre at best and longevity is about 3 hours.

Big, fat neutral rating from Aromi for Odin 06 Amanu. A sample wear is most definitely recommended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited