Oolang Infini by Atelier

Bergamot, Neroli, Tea, Jasmin, Leather, Tobacco, Gaiac, Vetiver.

Looking at the listed notes, one may jump to the conclusion that Oolang Infini could very well be a heavy fragrance. Atelier also claims a Cologne Absolue at 15% concentration, so I admit to being intrigued with the thought of smelling tea and neroli wrapped inside some powerful hitters.

After wearing Oolang Infini for awhile, I've found that this scent exhibits a calm quality while retaining substance. It's a close fragrance for the most part, yet it's always full and well balanced. This is exactly what I found lacking in my previous review of Un Parfum de Sens & Bois.  Oolang Infini seems to fit the bill as a shared scent that would work wondrously in the spring and summer months. That's not to say it can't be worn all year ( because it could ), but that it's lucid enough to shine in the heat.

Even when Oolang Infini opens with a citric tea accord, it never exceeds a certain volume. It's fresh, invigorating and the neroli isn't as biting as I thought it would be. It's one of the better implementations of citrus and tea I've had the opportunity to smell.

The jasmin rendition is probably the only listed note that doesn't realize on my skin, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't on yours. The heart affords me a blended array of leather, wood and tobacco. There's a hint of smoke here, but the tuning of leather and wood with tobacco results in a very supple accord that gives suggestions of each. This stage of Oolang Infini has good longevity in my wearings and I enjoy it more each time. There's something to be said for smooth and comfortable; especially when it has some gravity at the same time. I can only assume that's where the 15% ratio comes in. It's in this particular transition that I realize this is a very versatile scent for anyone to wear in any season.

The base and drydown carries over the wood and  smokey leather with neroli still interwoven in it. A soft vetiver note is added once Oolang Infini evolves into its close stage. I like this rendition of vetiver very much and it's a fitting closer to this enjoyable fragrance.

Sillage is moderate and longevity is better than you'd expect. I get 6 hours plus and my skin isn't normally conducive to that. Thumbs up from Aromi for Atelier's Oolang Infini. A sample wear is recommended.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited