Safran Troublant by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Saffron, Sandalwood, Vanilla, Red Rose.

I have grown to thoroughly enjoy saffron. I'm glad I remembered to include this one in my last sample order. I had a hunch that Safran Troublant would be on the subdued side. It is a bit shy, but most L'Artisan's have a difficult time radiating off my skin just as a matter of course. Not all mind you, but most..............

While Safran Troublant may not have very noticeable presence, it still possesses a full bodied quality and smells extremely good. It seems to keep a close radius on my skin, but as the wearer, I am aware of the scent the entire time. I guess one can say it's tuned for politeness.

As the listed notes suggest, Safran Troublant is uncomplicated and sans any real transitions. Any evolution that I do get is extremely subtle and since the fragrance smells good from the onset, it really doesn't matter.

The opening is the expected saffron with understated rose hovering in the background. It takes at least 5 minutes for the rose to be realized and even then, it's demure. This is about saffron and any other note loud enough to be mentioned in the pyramid is there for embellishment. I know this is marketed more for women than it is for men, but Safran Troublant falls into the shared arena for me. I assure you that, if I had a bottle, I would wear it on a rotational basis along with my others.

One of the downfalls of sampling is that you come across far too many that could be added to your wardrobe. I would have to say that Safran Troublant would make the cut, but I would purchase the 100ml. since reapplication would be a bit more frequent than normal. I get about 4 hours before dissipation.

After 20 minutes or so, a tranquil vanilla emerges along with a woody tone. This really doesn't smell like sandal to me, but the suggestion of woodiness is present and it's tuned low like the rest of the fragrance. Sillage is average and longevity is as well. The overall aroma however supersedes that, so a thumbs up is in order for Safran Troublant. A sample wear is recommended, but if you are partial to saffron, there's no reason you shouldn't like this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited