Un Parfum de Sens & Bois by The Different Company

Cedarwood, Violet, Black Pepper, Elemi, Ginger, Patchouli, Vervain, Bergamot, Incense.

The very first thing I noticed about Un Parfum de Sens & Bois is that it wears so light that it almost defies gravity. I have a difficult time digesting that this is an Eau de Parfum. Imagine wearing a fishnet tank top made of dental floss and then you can begin to understand the substance of this fragrance.

The opening is an extremely sheer citric wood with a bite from pepper. I keep thinking I'm smelling sandal instead of cedar, but the wood rendition is tuned low as to keep me wondering. The violet rears its head soon after, but this too doesn't smell like the normal associations I have with the note. So far, I'm completely underwhelmed.

For awhile now, I have come to terms with soft and  demure releases as having a place. They are periodically occasion appropriate and especially so if you are in a daily environment that dictates you wear low key scents. Un Parfum de Sens & Bois is attenuated so passively that I don't see the point of wearing it. I own lotions that have more spark.

The other players, including incense, are muddied and barely make their presence felt. It's been awhile since I gave a scathing review, but this fragrance deserves it. I have recently reviewed quite a few "close" fragrances that still managed to possess substance. This one has neither.

What comes to my mind as a use for Un Parfum de Sens & Bois is to spray it on your bed sheets or perhaps attire. I haven't tried it, but it sure doesn't come alive on my skin. I wish I could account for my dissatisfaction by believing I was experiencing anosmia, but that would be a cop out. This scent is on the pleasant side, but it's much too little for a fragrance made to be worn on skin.

Sillage is low and longevity is mediocre. A big fat neutral rating from Aromi for Un Parfum de Sens & Bois and I'm being kind.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited