Histoires de Parfums 1725 Casanova

Bergamot, Citrus, Grapefruit, Licorice.
Lavender, Star Anise.
Vanilla, Almond, Sandalwood, Cedar, Amber.

Histoires de Parfums 1725 starts off with what I consider an excellent citrus accord with hints of sweet thrown in the mix. The licorice and anise add a terrific contrast to the tart grapefruit note. This is an enjoyable opening that lasts a few minutes before transforming into the heart.

The grapefruit note is suggestive on me and not literal. Either way, it works like it's supposed to and like a runner in the 100 yard dash, it's all over but the crying in the proverbial blink of an eye. Well.......maybe not that quickly, but you get the gist.

Categorized as a fougere, the emergence of van-amber cast this in the fougiental arena for me. Personally, I no longer put much stock into classifications. If you're testing in a department store or at home sampling, does it matter? What counts is if it smells good and works for you.

The vanilla note is reminiscent of what I'd smell in a candle, so I can't say I'm in love with the rendition. It makes itself known within 5 minutes ( or a little less ) and raises its presence during the heart accord. This particular version of vanilla is mediocre, but once the base arrives, it's augmented with amber and wood and changes its complexion entirely on my skin. Once merged with resinous amber and polite woods, 1725 is good to go.

Overall, this is a very nice fragrance for both genders. I especially like the top and base with the drydown affording the wearer a comfortable finish. Sillage is good and longevity is approximately 5 hours. Halfway through the wearings, 1725 becomes a close scent. Thumbs up from Aromi for Histoires de Parfums 1725 Casanova.

Comments

  1. Attending any party then putting scent with beautiful odor is really amazing. I also want to know the various collections over perfumes so give me the suggestion on that. If you want to take the selection over HISTOIRES DE PARFUMS then just ride on that.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited