Jardin du Poete by Eau d'Italie

Green Orange, Sweet Orange, Bitter Orange, Grapefruit, Blackcurrant, Petitgrain, Buchu Leaf, Basil, Angelica, Cardamon, Pink Bay, Cyclamen, Lily of the Valley, Rose, Moss, Immortelle, Cypress, Hay, Musk.

In this midst of the citric-herbal onslaught that is the opening of Jardin du Poete, there were fleeting moments of the best grapefruit rendition I have come across. It wafted through the accord for just a few minutes and then was gone like a thief in the night. How awesome it would have been to find a way to breathe longevity into that note. I'm not even a grapefruit fan, yet it was completely realistic before dissipating into the biting herbal accord that is the salutation of Jardin du Poete.

The citrus in this scent is interesting. It really is green and bitter with herbal overtones. All the implemented notes perform to suggest a theme rather than showcase themselves. Some have referred to Jardin du Poete as reminding them of a garden. I can't say I'm transported into a garden, but I do get hints of traversing through the park of my youth in late summer as we blazed all those familiar trails.

Even the woodiness of Jardin du Poete is green. Moist twigs and bark along with the ever present herbal quality reinforce my associations with days spent in Fairmount Park back in my adolescence. It smelled like this after a sun shower and I can almost hear the earth crunching below my feet as we looked for new ways to avoid boredom and find adventure.

Jardin du Poete also has the ability to breathe. The opening is a bit aromatic and bracing, but I find it more of an embraceable bite than anything. It's the combination of a fresh and exhilarating take on green and wood. There are no "salad" references to be made here and the floral components perform as nothing more than mild accents. I have come to like this scent and think it would wear well in the spring and summer.

Sillage is good and longevity is average. I get about 4 hours before wanting to reapply. Thumbs up from Aromi for Eau d'Italie's Jardin du Poete. A sample wear ( as always ) is recommended.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited