Belle du Soir by Le Labo ( Anthropologie )

Musk, Neroli, Gardenia, Water Lily, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Cedar.

First, allow me to thank my good friend and talented reviewer sherapop for her extremely generous sample package that arrived in my mailbox !!!

One of the fragrances she included was Belle du Soir. By looking at the listed notes and the name of the fragrance, you would be correct in ASSUMING that Belle du Soir would be a citric-floral scent with a foundation of lightly implemented wood and earth tones.

Oh, how wrong you would be !!! No sooner this hit my skin, I almost sprinted to my wardrobe cabinet and grabbed Santos by Cartier for comparison. I can safely say that Belle du Soir is Santos for Women. I am literally in awe of the similarities. I have had Santos in my drobe for years and the sandalwood, cedar and patchouli triumvirate are dead ringers for one another.

Belle du Soir is for the no nonsense woman. This fragrance is more of a woody chypre than anything and the emphasis being put upon the word woody. Do you like dry, slightly smoky woods with a dash of earth and spice?  You need look no further than this release.

Belle du Soir is an austere scent, but in a good way. You wouldn't expect it to be as arid as it is, but it wastes no time in getting down to business. It sets its mind to showcasing a storehouse of parched wood, earth and an even keeled smoke. This is not what you would call a conventional feminine. It may even be beyond unconventional since ( to me at least ) a fragrance of this ilk is more associated with testosterone, cigar wielding personalities.

Sillage is very good with commanding presence. Longevity is as good or better than Santos and that is commendable. There's no question that this is a try before you buy. A big thumbs up from Aromi for shock value, totality of aroma and just plain guts for marketing this to women.

Comments

  1. This is a really good scent, and if it weren't for the name, I would never have guessed it was meant for women. I think it smells a lot like Gianfranco Ferre For Man - sweet, leathery and woody.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited