Comme des Garcons EDP

Labdanum, Cedar, Styrax, Galbanum, Sandalwood, Carnation, Hay, Black Pepper, Frankincense, Cinnamon, Geranium, Cardamom, Nutmeg, Rose, Honey, Clove, Coriander.

1994 found Mark Buxton releasing the initial Comme des Garcons creation. I continue to come back to this particular scent in the hope of finally accepting it. I suppose the clove rendition is tuned too prominently for my tastes.

I will say that, in spite of being dominant, the clove note "flows" and retains a sense of smoothness. It's not a note I usually associate with being supple, but Buxton has managed to grind away the rough edges without removing any medicinal and spicy qualities. I suppose some thought and effort was afforded this fragrance since it was slotted to represent a future line that was soon to appear.

My problem with wearing Comme des Garcons EDP is that the clove note overwhelms everything else implemented in the accords. There's other things at work that I detect, but they're either  tuned too passively or I am simply overly sensitive to that particular note. It continues to be a smooth version, but just too up front.

Once the clove gets situated and the dust settles a bit, there's intermittent displays of geranium, some rose, pepper and coumarin. On my skin, these notes pop in and out when the clove gives them leave.

During the base and drydown stages of Comme des Garcons, the clove softens even more and is accented by a dark rendition of cinnamon. It's this stage of development that CdG becomes more comfortable. After even more time ensues, a subtle amber is realized and along with this, clove, cinnamon and a soft wood tone bring Comme des Garcons to a close.

Sillage is moderate with longevity approximately 5 hours or a little more on me. If you're not a fan of the clove note, it would probably be best if you steered clear of this one. In spite of this fragrance not being my style, I still find it well made and viable. Neutral rating from Aromi for the original Comme des Garcons Eau de Parfum.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited