Water Calligraphy by Kilian

Graperfruit, Water Lily, Reseda Blossom, Jasmine, Magnolia, Cardamom, Vetiver.

Water Calligraphy is a frustrating fragrance. The totality of the scent is very nice. It's clean, refreshing, transparent and a good representative of the fresh floral variety. It isn't an aquatic, ozonic or marine, but does encompass the suggestive nature of those categories.

I'm frustrated because I like it, but the price point ( once again ) is completely unjustified. $225 for a 50ml. bottle of any fragrance is doable for me, but only if the scent literally rocked my world. For these prices, I don't think it unreasonable to expect a stupendous fragrance. Water Calligraphy is extremely pleasant, but then again, so is a slew of others that cost much less. Sadly, it doesn't come close to shaking the foundations of my soul. It does succeed in getting me to smile, but I need more than that at these rates.

Water Calligraphy opens with a splendid floral accord tinted with mists of grapefruit. It is extremely airy, wholesome and indebted to the soft implementation of floral notes. Even in its infancy, Water Calligraphy lies close to the skin.

The fresh character of this fragrance never exits. It morphs ever so slightly from the onset of a very subtle balsam and the natural dissipation of volume. There's also a tender, green twig aroma I have come to enjoy. Sadly, the Jasmine and Vetiver do not seem to evolve on me in spite of the numerous wearings. The balsamic aspect is set on low volume, but does compliment the pristine nature  inherent in Water Calligraphy.

15 minutes into the wearings, this scent has already reached it destination. The only transitional development to come is the balsamic quality becoming slightly more evident. It is here that I realize I really like this fragrance, but I also know that Water Calligraphy is for those who have money to burn. Extremely pleasant or not, I just cannot see spending this much hard earned cash when there truly are so many other viable choices out there.

Sillage is low and longevity is between 3 and 4 hours maximum. I know I like the scent, but price point has to be a factor when reviewing very high end fragrances. A big, fat neutral rating from Aromi for by Kilian's Water Calligraphy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Legacy 1912 Titanic Eau de Parfum for Women

Unpublished Reviews

Voile Blanc by Traveller Limited